The applications for the 2022 Gabr Fellowship are now closed.
How to Apply
- Applications for the 2022 Fellowship will open on Wednesday, June 15th, 2022.
- The deadline to apply for the 2022 Gabr Fellowship is August 15, 2022.
- The dates for The Egypt portion of the Fellowship program are October 8-18 and the dates for The United States portion of the Fellowship program are November 28-December 10.
- Please note that only applicants who make it to the next stage of the application process will be contacted.
- We accept applications from the United States and Egypt.
- All applicants need to be between 24 and 35 years of age.
- Egyptian applicants cannot have visited the United States previously, and United States applicants cannot have traveled to Egypt.
- Those selected are known as Gabr Fellows and are selected by an expert panel through a rigorous application process.
- The Shafik Gabr Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, political party, gender identity, sexual orientation, or physical or financial ability.
- Please submit only one application.
- For more information about the Fellowship, please review the Fellowship Handbook. Download Handbook
- Safety is of primary importance to the Gabr Fellowship. On matters of travel and security, the Shafik Gabr Foundation will follow the direction of the U.S. State Department and the Government of Egypt.
- In order to maximize the benefits of the Fellowship, Fellows will share rooms. Each room will house one American Fellow and one Egyptian Fellow of the same gender. There will be no exceptions and Fellows are expected to stay in the hotel for the duration of the program.
- All lodging, travel, and meals are covered by the Foundation. However, American Fellows are responsible for their transportation to and from the US airport and Egyptian Fellows are responsible for their travel to and from Cairo.
- All Fellows must have a regular passport valid for at least six months after the Fellowship program is finalized. Fellows are not allowed to travel on official or diplomatic passports.
- All applicants must have English language proficiency.