Thank you for your interest in the 2022 Gabr Fellowship.
Applications for the 2022 Fellowship will open on Monday, June 13th, 2022.
The deadline to apply for the 2022 Gabr Fellowship is August 15, 2022.
The dates for The Egypt portion of the Fellowship program are October 8-18 and the dates for The United States portion of the Fellowship program are November 28-December 10.
Please complete the following form to apply to become a 2022 Gabr Fellow, and then press submit at the bottom of the page.
Please note that only applicants who make it to the next stage of the application process will be contacted.
Please be aware of the following:
1) Applicants need to be between 24 and 35 years old.
2) We accept applications from Egypt and the United States.
3) Egyptian applicants cannot have visited the United States previously, and United States applicants cannot have traveled to Egypt previously.
5) Safety is of primary importance to the Gabr Fellowship. On matters of travel and security, the Shafik Gabr Foundation will follow the directions of the US State Department and the Government of Egypt.
6) In order to maximize the benefits of the Fellowship, Fellows will share rooms. Each room will house one American Fellow and one Egyptian Fellow of the same gender. There will be no exceptions and Fellows are expected to reside in the selected hotels for the duration of the program.
7) All lodging, travel, and meals are covered by the Foundation. However, American Fellows are responsible for their transportation to and from the US airport (Washington DC or New York City), and Egyptian Fellows are responsible for their travel to and from Cairo.
8) All Fellows must have a regular passport valid for at least six months after the Fellowship has been finalized. Fellows are not allowed to travel on official or diplomatic passports.
9) All applicants must have English language proficiency.
10) Submit only one application.
11) Please note that you are not able to save your application. If you do not complete it then you must start over. Do make sure you review the application form well ahead of the closing date.
12) Please make sure that you read the Fellowship Handbook before filling in this application. Click here to see Handbook.
13) Please also make sure that you read the Gabr Fellowship brochures to have a full understanding of the details and intensity of the program - again, before filling in this application. Click here to see the brochures
14) The Action Projects presented during the application may be adjusted during the course of the program and the creation of the action project teams.
15) Applicants must be double-vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide legitimate proof of having done so.